New primary school to open
in Marksbury Road
In response to the demand for increased primary school places, a new school called ‘Oasis Academy Marksbury Road’ is being
built on the former City of Bristol College site in Bedminster and will be ready to open in September.
The school will offer places to 420 pupils and will have two forms of entry and additional Special Educational Needs provision. Sixty reception year places will be offered each year until the full quota is reached. The children will be temporarily based at a nearby Oasis Academy with plans to move them into the new building in January 2015.
Open evenings for prospective pupils and their families will take place during March. Applications can be made by 31 March.
The city’s capital building or expansion programme also includes:
- Increasing Begbrook Primary Academy to 630 pupils
- Expanding Avon Primary School to 420 pupils
- Expanding Bishop Road Primary School to 840 pupils
- Building a new school on Avonvale Road
- Expanding Ashton Gate Primary to 840 pupils
- Expanding Glenfrome Primary school to 420 pupils
- Increasing St Anne’s Junior School and St Anne’s Infant School, allowing them both to take on 630 pupils